Sowing for a Spectacular Summer
Join our gardener Arthur Parkinson for an intense but fun sit-down lecture and practical session on growing the most beautiful dahlias and annual flowers from seed and tubers this spring to fill your garden borders and containers at home with brimming colour and pizazz this coming summer.
Arthur will guide you through the art of seed sowing, potting up of dahlia tubers, how to choose the best summer containers, plus advice on staking plants and he will share ideas combining summer plants to achieve the most glamorous combinations, as seen in the courtyard garden at the Emma Bridgewater Factory and ideas from Sarah Raven's garden where Arthur also works.
The event includes:
• an illustrated talk with top tips and advice
• a practical session 'pricking-out' seedlings grown here at the factory for you to take home
• a tour of what’s looking good in the garden and a plant staking demonstration using silver birch
• an informal question and answer session with Arthur
• a delicious lunch and plenty of tea and biscuits!
Time: 11am-3pm including lunch
Cost: £35 per ticket (includes talk, seedlings to take home and lunch)